Saturday 6 September 2014

Chelsea starlet: ‘I will watch and learn’

Zouma


Chelsea‘s 19-year-old centre back Kurt Zouma has announced that he is willing to be patient and work hard at Chelsea so that he can get first team experience, reported Sky Sports.
Zouma signed for Chelsea from Saint-Etienne in January, but, as he was not in Jose Mourinho’s immediate first team plans, he stayed at his old club on a loan spell before joining up with Chelsea this summer.
However, due to the amount of experienced defenders at the club already, has found himself outside Mourinho’s starting eleven.
Zouma recently said he is hoping to play at international level in the coming years, but is remaining calm about his lack of first team football at Stamford Bridge.
Learning
Speaking to L’Equipe, Zuoma said, “When I was at Saint-Etienne and I didn’t play, I immediately got upset. But I learnt.
“Now there are senior players, stars in my position, and they are doing a great job. I take my time. I am learning besides those defenders. I know my time will come.
“Jose Mourinho told me: ‘Rafael Varane, I made him start against Manchester City. You have to be ready to play at any moment’.
“I am using Varane and (Eliaquim) Mangala as role models. Nowadays they are in the French team and I hope to join them.
“Euro 2016 is an objective I set to myself. Even if it will be very difficult to get a position, the door is not so far away.”
Zouma also said he was enjoying life at Chelsea and had was joking around with teamates a lot.
“Diego Costa is very, very crazy. Ivanovic makes a lot of jokes too.
“Afterwards the group laugh a little about my age because, well, I’m a big man for 19-years-old.
“Even the coach when we were going for the blood test jokingly said, ‘Here, now we’ll see if you lied about your age’.
“But really they’re cool, easy.”

0 comments: