Friday 26 September 2014

Liverpool New-Boy In Shocking Revelation: I Was An Everton Fan Growing Up

Adam Lallana Liverpool
Reds star reveals boyhood love for Merseyside rivals.Liverpool new-boy Adam Lallana has revealed a shocking secret to the Daily Mirror ahead of today’s Merseyside Derby – that he was an Everton fan growing up.
The England international, a £25m signing from Southampton this summer, has only recently made his way into the Reds’ first team after picking up an injury shortly after joining the club, and will now be hoping to make an impact against their bitter rivals this weekend.
However, Lallana already has memories of these clashes, with the 26-year-old admitting that he was often reduced to tears by Liverpool in these games as a kid, as he was a die-hard Everton supporter, and that the Toffees were usually on the losing side in the derby.
Lallana now admits his interest in following Everton has cooled since he became a professional, and that his Blues-supporting family were still delighted for him when he made the move to Anfield this summer.
The skillful midfielder is now focused on bringing his team the right result when the two meet in today’s early kickoff, with Brendan Rodgers’ side in real need of three points after some poor recent form in the league.
“Yes, it’s true, I was an Everton fan. Growing up my dad used to support Everton in the Gary Lineker days, when they were doing well so that’s the reason I started following them,” he said.
“But when I was supporting them Everton always seemed to be fighting relegation…I seem to remember there were a lot of tears!
“I know Everton have not won at Anfield for 15 years and hopefully we can keep that intact and go on and get the win we need this time too.
“If we do, then Dad’s a bit like me, a fan but not ultra, ultra passionate, and the rest of the family were delighted when I joined Liverpool.
“Playing for Southampton for so many years, supporting them became less and less. I would always look for the result – you always support a team when you’re growing up I suppose.”

0 comments: