Tuesday 23 September 2014

Arteta: Bellerin could be Arsenal’s right back for years

Arteta: Bellerin could be Arsenal’s right back for years

Arteta: Bellerin could be Arsenal’s right back for years

Mikel Arteta has sung the praises of Hector Bellerin, saying that his young compatriot has the potential to be the club’s right back for years to come.
The skipper spoke about the former Barcelona youngster who was given a baptism of fire in his first Arsenal start in the Champions League against Dortmund.
However, Arteta believes Bellerin has the talent to go all the way as he prepares for just his second start for the club tonight.
“I think he’s a top player,” said Arteta. “He’s going to be the right back of Arsenal for many years, in my opinion – providing he continues to progress in the way he has been doing.
“Mentally, he handles what is requested to play at the highest level. He’s got pace, technique and he’s a very positive guy.”
Arteta also revealed he’s doing his bit to help guide him into the world of firs team football.
“I talk to Hector a lot,” he continued. “I know him well because he’s taken part in pre-season a few times with us already. He’s a confident guy and we treat him as any other player because he’s part of our squad.
“Hopefully he’s going to become a top player at the club.”
Meanwhile Bellerin himself is grateful to the manager for giving him the chance to play. While we’d all like to see a little more defensive depth, it’s also nice to see a young player coming through.
:I’ve been training with the first team since the beginning of the season,” he said, “so obviously the only thing I can say is thanks to the players and the coaches.
“They are giving me the chance and have faith in me so that’s what I’m going to give back. I’m looking forward to playing more games and I’m really happy with the way this season has gone so far.”

0 comments: