Thursday 25 September 2014

Filipe Luis says he is relishing Chelsea experience despite not being in team

Filipe Luis has revealed he is very happy at Chelsea – despite not being in the team.
The former Atletico Madrid full-back who joined the Blues over the summer for £16m is being kept out of the team by Cesar Azpilicueta.
The Brazilian has yet to make a start in the Premier League but did play from the beginning against Schalke in the Champions League, as well as Bolton in the League Cup last night.
But despite the lack of game time he still feels good.
“It’s brilliant to be at this club, it’s a great feeling. Every time I play and train, I feel I’m at a big club,” Luis told Standard Sport.
“Everyone wants to play. If you don’t, normally you’re not happy. But when I came here, I spoke with Mourinho and I knew I’d come to Chelsea to be a champion, not to be the best left-back or best crosser or something.
“When you work with Mourinho, you have to know that the group, the collective, is above the individual. I don’t think about myself right now.”

0 comments: